Contractors will find mediation provisions in a variety of construction documents. In some instances, a contract document will include an obligation to mediate a dispute before it can go to arbitration or into litigation.
Advantages of Mediation
- creates a supportive and constructive environment
- enables the parties to control the outcome of their dispute
- promotes communication between the parties
- time efficient and cost effective
- confidential process
- helps to teach the parties an effective way of resolving disputes through co-operative decision making
The seminar invites the Construction Mediation Interest Group of The Hong Kong Mediation Council (HKMC), which was set up within the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) in January 1994 to promote the development and use of mediation as a method of resolving disputes. The HKMC is a division of the HKIAC and was previously known as the Mediation Interest Group.
Date : 22 Dec 2021 (Wednesday)
Venue : Rm1302, Tai Shing (Yaumatei) Comm.
Bldg, No. 500 Nathan Road, Kowloon
Limit : 20 people
Speaker: Construction Mediation Interest Group of HKMC
Details : Mediation Seminar
Click Here: Register Now